Sunday, September 30, 2007

Update

Hi everybody, I just wanted to give everybody an update on my life as I sit in my room on this beautiful Sunday afternoon listening to Rich Mullins and looking out at the construction of the new academic building that is starting to obstruct my wonderful view from the top of this gorgeous mountain. For once it is quiet in my room as the guys might finally be tired of playing Halo 3. I have to admit that it is a pretty sweet game and I have definitely improved my play since it came out at 12:01 am on Tuesday.
I had three exams this week, all of them went well. I got an 89 on my CHOW exam, 94 on Calculus and 96 on Greek.
This has been a good weekend overall. It was campus preview weekend which means about three or four hundred more people on campus and numerous high-schoolers sleeping on the floor that you have to try not to step on when you jump off your bunk. What it also means is great food in the cafeteria. Many people call preview weekend deceive you weekend. The food quality was noticeably better this weekend. It also meant many great events, including battle ball, Mountain Affair and Cafe Literate.
Battle ball is a massive tournament of dodgeball with teams of 25. There were eight teams and you have to lose twice to be elimiated. My hall entered a team and we started out with a win. The second game we lost to our rivals 2nd Central. We had to win the rest of our games to stay alive. We won our next two games and again met Central but this time we left no doubt who was the better team. Since they lost another game they were eliminated. This left two teams, South and Blackwatch. Blackwatch had not yet lost so we had our work cut out for us. We slaughtered them the first game but in the next game it looked like they were going to win. They outnumbered us 2-1. But in a heroic effort we pulled out the win and secured our title.
Mountain Affair and Cafe Literate were both showcases of Covenant musical talent and they were very good. Mountain Affair is a more official event with auditions and prize money while Cafe Literate is more of a loose, unoffical event put on by the students. Its is nice to see people other than soccer players get noticed at this school. And these musical talents definitely deserve to get noticed. There are a great many talented people at this school and they are very enjoyable to hear.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a party Josh. Once again, your school seems cooler than ours... but I guess thats why it costs twice as much!

Anonymous said...

oh, and good work keeping the blog updated. I've been lousy so far!

Anonymous said...

Maybe next year Meg and Pieter will be at the 'deceive' you weekend. Glad you're having fun.It's OK to be happy with your marks,just don't complain about a high mark, that just ticks people off.It's like a slim person sitting beside an overweight person complaining about her weight.How do you think that makes her feel?
I thought since you made your marks public I could upbraid you in public :)
Luv ya,and miss you lots.

Robyn deGroot said...

Sounds like you are having a great time. I'm glad you can play soccer now, though I am sad that I didn't get your autograph while you were a professional.

Anonymous said...

i think that you should have a dance party...at least that's what im doing right now.