Friday, September 7, 2007

Soccer







O that I could play the beautiful game again. I seriously wonder if it will ever come to pass that I will be able to for the Bombers. I've already missed two games and am about to miss a third. If some of you who are reading this live in a box and haven't heard my infamous story, I will expound. Over the summer I was playing Tier III soccer for the Coaldale Thunder. We entered the Cosmos invitational tournament and swept away the competition, winning the coveted gold medal. As a consequence of this the team recieved a hamson reward of nine hundred dollars. Half of these earnings went to the organization but we as players each got thirty dollars. We were professionals! At the time this was great, we got paid to play the game we love! Now I relize it was a grave mistake, accepting this money. Because I am such a honest and trustworthy guy as I was filling out my eligiblity form and came to the section that said: Since you finished high school have you won any cash prizes, accepted any money etc...for playing soccer? I said "Yes, in fact, I did make some money playing soccer. I made a magnificent thirty dollars after my team won an invitational touranment." What do they say. "Well that's to bad you are now ineligible to play for the NAIA (National Association of Intercollegiate Athletes, I think)." I'm like, "well that sucks but they should be able to clear it up in a few days. I'll miss one game and it will all be settled." I wish. Two weeks later I am still unable to play. My team is gelling nicely together without me and I am slowly wasting away in despair.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha a professional thats sweet.geeeeeeeek.

Anonymous said...

wow, josh. you should have just told them that you didn't make any money.lol.
miss ya lots,
your littlest sis:b

Katrina VandenBerg said...

boooo for the ridiculousness of this tale.
hope everything else in life is swell.