Friday, November 30, 2007

Chi-town

Over American Thanksgiving I went to my roomates house in Chicago. We got three days off school but since I have no classes on Tuesday we drove up Monday night. It is a ten hour drive and we arrived at about four in the morning. Thankgiving is always on a Thursday (crazy Americans) so we had a great dinner with the traditional turkey, mashed potates, stuffing, salad, pumpkin pie, etc. It was a nice break from dumpy cafeteria food. That night we made a clay Nativity scene (below). There were some special guests including a Mountie, King Herod, a crazy black dude and their dog, Chase. Saturday night we rode the train to downtown and walked around.






I remembered how to make those bunnies out of finger mittens.


Kevin, Kyle's brother


Kat, Kyle's girlfriend, and Kyle










Two of the main streets downtown



A shady allyway that Al Capone most certainly frequented.



A giant mirrored bean





ICE!!!!! I think this was the first time I had seen real ice in about 11 months. This was in Millenium Park.








Lake Michigan -My first glimpse at a Great Lake. This was as close as I got, a highway was in my way.





A concert hall or something

Creepy!










No comments: